Email Into Trello Board
Email Into Trello Board is a way of efficiently adding a task to your Trello project timeline. If you’re using a Buyer Template or Seller Template, you can email into your board tasks such as a follow up to a phone call, a reminder to print more brochures, call the landscaper and more. Creating a specific List for Incoming Tasks will help you prioritize those items later in the day.
To find the email settings:
- In Trello, click on the “Show Menu” link in the upper right
- Click on “˙˙˙ More”
- Click “Email-to-board Settings”
- Under “Your emailed cards appear in…”, choose the list that you want to email cards into and the position you want them to land (top/bottom) in the list
- Under “Your email address for this board”, copy the email link (Ctrl+C)(Cmd+C on Mac)
- Go to your mail provider (gmail) and add a contact (click on GMail in upper left and select Contacts)
- Click the person+ symbol to add a new contact
- Choose your board name as the name and paste the email link (Ctrl+V)(Cmd+V on Mac) in email
When you email a card to Trello, you can immediately add attachments, labels, and members to the card, in addition to setting the title and description.
The Subject of the email becomes the card’s title.
The Body of the email becomes the card’s description.
Attachments in the email will be added to the card.
Labels: In the subject, add #labelname, #labelcolor, or #labelnumber (Note: If your label consists of two or more words, in the subject line either join the words or use underscores between the words. For example, if your label is named “To Do” in the subject line of your email either enter #ToDo or #To_Do for the label to render properly on your card.)
Members: In the subject, add @username. Members can also be added by putting @username in the body of the email on its own line. If you send an email to Trello and include other Trello users’ email addresses as “to” or “CC” addresses, Trello will add them as members of the card as well.
Subscribe: If you have created the list and shared with another member, you must subscribe to the list you’ve created to receive alerts from @username mentions. An eye icon will appear at the top of the list that you’ve subscribed to.